Commuter eCard Eligibility
If you do not permanently reside in Massachusetts, but travel to the state for permanent employment, you may be eligible to register for an eCard.
You may be eligible if all of the following statements are true:
- You physically travel most days of most weeks to the place of your employment.
- The entity for which you work is located in Massachusetts.
- Your commute is expected to continue for at least six months and is not a temporary or intermittant assignment.
These are some employment situations that would make an individual inelibile for eCard registration under this definition:
- You only visit your employer's Massachusetts office occasionally for meetings
- Your office is out of state, but you perform regular site visits in Massachusetts
- You are an independent contractor based outside Massachusetts, but have clients in the state
- You are on a temporary assignment in Massachusetts for less than six months