Download the Homework Help schedule with location information (PDF)
Boston Public Library locations offer free after-school homework help and mentorship provided by high-achieving high school students. This is open to students in grades K-8. No registration is required. The Homework Help program is made possible by the Boston Public Library Foundation.
In-person Homework Help
- Homework Help begins on Monday, September 15 for the 2014-15 school year and is available in most branches Monday through Thursday, 3:30-5:30 p.m. Please see the Homework Help schedule for locations and times.
- Free drop-in homework help, academic support, and mentoring available during the school year in all subject areas to students in grades K – 8. No registration required.
- Homework help is provided by high-achieving high school student mentors.
- We're looking for homework help mentors! Read through the job description and application for more information.
- Drop-in interviews for 2014-15 school year: Please choose one of the following session to attend. Please bring completed application and photocopy of most recent report card.
- Thursday, August 28, 3-5 p.m. at the Egleston Square Branch, 2044 Columbus Ave., Roxbury
- Friday, August 29, 3-5 p.m. at the Mattapan Branch, 1350 Blue Hill Ave., Mattapan
- Wednesday, September 3, 3-5 p.m. at the Central Branch in Copley Square’s teen room, 700 Boylston Street, Boston
We are accepting applications for the following branches only: Adams Street, Charlestown, Codman Square, Connolly, Egleston Square, Faneuil, Grove Hall, Mattapan, and North End. All shifts are on weekday afternoons.
- For more information about homework help, email Amanda Bressler firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-859-2325.
Boston Teacher’s Union tutors
- Teachers from the Boston Public Schools offer tutoring for students in all grades
- BTU tutoring will begin in all locations on September 22, 2014 and end on May 21, 2015.
Online Homework Help
Online help courtesy of the BPL
- LearningExpress Library can help students from grade school through college improve their skills by taking practice tests, completing exercises, and reading eBooks. What's more, LearningExpress can help college-bound students prepare for the ACT, SAT, and other standardized tests.
- Look for books, CDs, movies, and more in the BPL catalog.
- Search for articles and use books online with our student electronic resources.
Other online help
Other sources for homework help and after school programs in Boston
- BOSTONavigator - The place to search for out-of school time programming in Boston.
- Boston Youth Zone - Find activities, opportunities, and other fun stuff for kids and teens, plus important information and resources for parents.